Don't use one of the above services?
Sign in by clicking below:
Sample Embed Widget Centered on Kings Beach, CA
Embed NewsWick stories into your website!
Just follow these simple steps:
Step 1 - Pick the geography that you want to search
Step 2 - Filter stories by category (?)
Show stories that fall into one of the following general categories
|Local News||World News|
And show stories that fall into one of the following custom categories (separated by comma)
Step 3 - Filter stories by key words
Step 4 - Filter stories by author (?)
Step 5 - Choose a color for the widget so that it matches your website (?)
Step 6 - Generate the code needed to paste in your website
NewsWick™ Terms of Service
Last Updated on January 23, 2013
Welcome to NewsWick™, an online platform for real, relevant news and announcements in your community. The NewsWick service consists of a web site, various mobile clients, and a news-feed server (together, the “Service”). The Service is operated by NewsWick, Inc. By using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service (the "Terms"). If you do not agree to be bound by the Terms simply do not use the Service.
- Parties - "You" and "your" refer to you, as a user of the Service. A "user" is someone who accesses, browses, crawls, scrapes, or in any way uses the Service. "We", "us", and "our" refer to NewsWick, Inc.
- Content -"Content" means text, images, photos, audio, video, location data, and all other forms of data or communication. "Your Content" means Content that you submit or transmit to, through, or in connection with the Service, such as news stories, event announcements, invitations, and information that you publicly display or displayed in your account profile. "User Content" means Content that users submit or transmit to, through, or in connection with the Service. "NewsWick Content" means Content that we create and make available in connection with the Service. "Third Party Content" means Content that originates from parties other than NewsWick or its users, which is made available in connection with the Service. "Service Content" means all of the Content that is made available in connection with the Service, including Your Content, User Content, Third Party Content, and NewsWick Content.
Changes to the Terms of Service
We may modify the Terms from time to time. When changes are made, we will notify you by making the revised version available on this webpage, and will indicate at the top of this page the date that revisions were last made. You should revisit these Terms on a regular basis as revised versions will be binding on you. Any such modification will be effective upon our posting of new Terms. You understand and agree that your continued access to or use of the Service after any posted modification to the Terms indicates your acceptance of the modification.
We may translate these Terms into other languages for your convenience. Nevertheless, the English version governs your relationship with us, and any inconsistencies among the different versions will be resolved in favor of the English version.
Terms and Conditions for Using the Service
- You must be 18 years or older and have the requisite power and authority to enter into these Terms.
- You may not access or use the Service if you are a competitor of ours or if we have previously banned you from the Service or closed your account.
Permission to Use the Service
- We grant you permission to use the Service subject to the restrictions in these Terms.
- Your use of the Service is at your own risk, including the risk that you might be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent, inaccurate, objectionable, or otherwise inappropriate.
The Service may be modified, updated, interrupted, suspended or discontinued at any time without notice or liability.
- You must create an account and provide certain information about yourself in order to use some of the features that are offered through the Service.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account password.
- You are also responsible for all activities that occur in connection with your account.
- You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account.
- We reserve the right to close your account at any time for any or no reason.
- You may not copy, transfer or use any names, photos, links, text, data or other content belonging to or posted by NewsWick or other member of the Service for the purpose of selling, engaging in, marketing or promoting any other product or service. Illegal and/or unauthorized uses of the Service, including collecting usernames, email addresses or other personally identifiable information of members of the Service by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, unauthorized framing of or linking to the Service or any other use not expressly permitted in these Terms, will be investigated and appropriate legal action will be taken, including, without limitation, civil, criminal and injunctive redress. In addition to the above restrictions, you may not authorize, enable or otherwise grant to any other person, organization, company or business access to your Service account for the purpose of extracting such information.
- NewsWick currently allows you to use the Service to advertise news concerning your commercial establishments. In the future, however, NewsWick may create a method(s) for distinguishing commercial Content from personal, non-commercial Content (a “Commercial Filter”). In the event that NewsWick enables a Commercial Filter(s), you agree to identify all of your commercial Content via the Commercial Filter(s). We may charge a fee for the use of Commercial Filters.
Responsibility for Your Content
- You alone are responsible for Your Content, and once published, it cannot always be withdrawn.
- You assume all risks associated with Your Content, including anyone's reliance on its quality, accuracy, or reliability, or any disclosure by you of information in Your Content that makes you personally identifiable.
- You represent that you own, or have the necessary permissions to use and authorize the use of Your Content as described herein.
- You may not imply that Your Content is in any way sponsored or endorsed by NewsWick, Inc.
- You may expose yourself to liability if, for example, Your Content contains material that is false, intentionally misleading, or defamatory; violates any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right; contains material that is unlawful, including illegal hate speech or pornography; exploits or otherwise harms minors; or violates or advocates the violation of any law or regulation.
Our Right to Use Your Content
- We may use Your Content in a number of different ways, including publicly displaying it, reformatting it, incorporating it into advertisements and other works, creating derivative works from it, promoting it, distributing it, and allowing others to do the same in connection with their own websites and media platforms ("Other Media").
- As such, you hereby irrevocably grant us world-wide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable rights to use Your Content for any purpose. You also irrevocably grant the users of the Service and any Other Media the right to access Your Content in connection with their use of the Service and any Other Media. Finally, you irrevocably waive, and cause to be waived, against NewsWick, Inc. and its users any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to Your Content. By "use" we mean use, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of Your Content.
- As between you and NewsWick, you own Your Content. We own the NewsWick Content, including but not limited to visual interfaces, interactive features, graphics, design, compilation, computer code, products, software, and all other elements and components of the Service excluding Your Content, User Content and Third Party Content.
- We also own the copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade names, and other intellectual and proprietary rights throughout the world ("IP Rights") associated with the NewsWick Content and the Service, which are protected by copyright, trade dress, patent, trademark laws and all other applicable intellectual and proprietary rights and laws.
- As such, you may not modify, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display or in any way exploit any of the NewsWick Content in whole or in part except as expressly authorized by us. Except as expressly and unambiguously provided herein, we do not grant you any express or implied rights, and all rights in and to the Service and the NewsWick Content are retained by us.
AdvertisingNewsWick and its licensees may publicly display advertisements and other information adjacent to or included with Your Content. You are not entitled to any compensation for such advertisements. The manner, mode and extent of such advertising are subject to change without specific notice to you.
OtherUser Content does not necessarily reflect the opinion of NewsWick. We reserve the right to remove, screen, edit, or reinstate User Content from time to time and without notice to you if we believe, in our sole discretion, that it violates our Content Guidelines or exposes NewsWick, Inc to third party liability. We have no obligation to retain or provide you with copies of Your Content, nor do we guarantee any confidentiality with respect to Your Content.
Below is a partial list of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited on the Service (“Prohibited Content). Posting Prohibited Content by you may result, in our sole discretion, in termination of your membership. In addition, we reserve the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action, in our sole discretion, against anyone who violates this provision, including, without limitation, removing the offending communication from the Service and reporting such violator to the appropriate legal authorities. Prohibited Content includes but is not limited to Content that, in our sole judgment:
- Is patently offensive to the online community, such as Content that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual.
- Harasses or advocates harassment of another person.
- Involves the transmission of "junk mail," "chain letters," "spam" or any other unsolicited mass mailing, emailing or other communication.
- Includes any information that (1) you know is false or misleading, (2) promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive or (3) is threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous.
- Constitutes or includes any illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted or copyrightable work, including but not limited to, (1) pirated computer programs or links to them, (2) information which circumvents manufacturer-installed copy-protect devices, (3) pirated music, images or video or links to pirated music, image or video files or (4) Content which otherwise violates the terms of Section 8 below.
- Violates any other party’s legal rights.
- Displays pornographic or sexually explicit material of any kind.
- includes material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner or is intended to solicit personal information from anyone under 18.
- provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy or providing or creating computer viruses.
- Solicits passwords or personally-identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other people who use the Service.
- Promotes contests of chance, including but not limited to, wagers, lotteries, and sweepstakes.
- Otherwise violates our Content Guidelines.
Even though all of the above Content is strictly prohibited, there is a small chance that you may become exposed to such items while using the Service. If so, neither we nor any of our officers, directors, employees, shareholders, advertisers or corporate partners will in any way be responsible for any damages incurred or suffered by any party or caused by any party arising out of or related to any such exposure. Please see Sections 11 and 12 below for further limitations on our liability.
Additional Prohibited Activity
You also agree not to, and will not assist, encourage, or enable others to:
- Violate the Terms.
- Modify, adapt, appropriate, reproduce, distribute, translate, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display, sell, trade, or in any way exploit the Service or Contents (other than Your Content), except as expressly authorized by us
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other automated device, process or means to access, retrieve, scrape, or index any portion of the Service or any Contents.
- Reverse engineer any portion of the Service.
- Remove or modify any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice that appears on any portion of the Service or on any materials printed or copied from the Service.
- Record, process, or mine information about other users.
- Access, retrieve or index any portion of the Service for purposes of constructing or populating a searchable database.
- Reformat or frame any portion of the Service.
- Take any action that imposes, or may impose, in our sole discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Service’s technology infrastructure or otherwise make excessive traffic demands of the Service.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Service, user accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Service through hacking, password mining or any other means.
- Violate any applicable law.
- Solicit personal information from minors.
- Use the Service or any Content to transmit any computer viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses or other items of a destructive nature (collectively, "Viruses").
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Service, or otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Service.
- Use the Service to violate the security of any computer network, crack passwords or security encryption codes; disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise cause harm to, the Service or Content.
- Remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with any security-related features of the Service, features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of Content, or features that enforce limitations on the use of the Service.
The restrictions above only apply to the extent permissible under applicable law. Nevertheless, you agree not to act contrary to them (even if permissible under applicable law) without providing 30 days' prior written notice to us here, together with any information that we may reasonably require to give us an opportunity to provide alternative remedies or otherwise accommodate you at our sole discretion.
Guidelines and Policies
- Content Guidelines - You represent that you have read and understood our Content Guidelines.
- Infringement Policy – You may not post, distribute or reproduce in any way any copyrighted materials, trademarks or service marks or other proprietary information owned by another party without obtaining the prior written consent of the copyright owner. If you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Service without your permission or in any other way that constitutes an infringement of your intellectual property rights, please contact us.
Suggestions and Improvements
By sending us any ideas, suggestions, documents or proposals ("Feedback"), you agree that (i) your Feedback does not contain the confidential or proprietary information of third parties, (ii) we are under no obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to the Feedback, (iii) we may have something similar to the Feedback already under consideration or in development, and (iv) you grant us an irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide license to use, modify, publish, distribute and sublicense the Feedback.
The Service may include links to other websites or applications (each, a "Third Party Site"). We do not control or endorse any Third Party Site. You agree that we are not responsible for the availability or contents of such Third Party Sites. Your use of Third Party Sites is at your own risk.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold NewsWick. Inc., its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, any related companies, suppliers, licensors and partners, and the officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them (collectively, the "NewsWick Entities") harmless, including costs, liabilities and legal fees, from any claim or demand made by any third party arising out of or relating to (i) your access to or use of the Service, (ii) your violation of the Terms, (iii) any products or services purchased or obtained by you in connection with the Service, or (iv) the infringement by you, or any third party using your account, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity. We reserve the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us and you agree to cooperate with our defense of these claims. You agree not to settle any matter without our prior written consent. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action or proceeding upon becoming aware of it.
Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability
- PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY SINCE IT LIMITS OUR LIABILITY AS WELL AS THAT OF OUR SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AND LICENSORS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "NEWSWICK ENTITIES"). EACH OF THE SUBSECTIONS BELOW ONLY APPLIES UP TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. NOTHING HEREIN IS INTENDED TO LIMIT ANY RIGHTS YOU MAY HAVE WHICH MAY NOT BE LAWFULLY LIMITED.
- THE SERVICE IS MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU ON AN "AS IS", "WITH ALL FAULTS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. THE NEWSWICK ENTITIES MAKE NO CLAIMS OR PROMISES ABOUT THE QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR RELIABILITY OF THE SERVICE, ITS SAFETY OR SECURITY, OR THE SERVICE’S CONTENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMTITED TO POSTS MADE ON THE SERVICE. ACCORDINGLY, THE NEWSWICK ENTITIES ARE NOT LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT MIGHT ARISE, FOR EXAMPLE, FROM YOUR RELIANCE ON THE QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR RELIABILITY OF A NEWS POST OR OF AN ANNOUNCEMENT.
- THE NEWSWICK ENTITIES MAKE NO CLAIMS OR PROMISES WITH RESPECT TO ANY THIRD PARTY, SUCH AS THE BUSINESSES THAT MAKE ANNOUNCEMENTS ON OUR SERVICE OR THE SERVICES’ USERS. ACCORDINGLY, THE NEWSWICK ENTITIES ARE NOT LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT MIGHT ARISE FROM THEIR ACTIONS, INCLUDING, FOR EXAMPLE, IF ANOTHER USER MISUSES YOUR CONTENT OR IDENTITY, OR IF YOU HAVE A NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE WITH ONE OF THE BUSINESSES LISTED ON THE SERVICE. YOUR PURCHASE AND USE OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED BY THIRD PARTIES THROUGH THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK
- THE NEWSWICK ENTITIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES AS TO THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED BY BUSINESSES USING THE SERVICE, AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE PROVIDED TO YOU BY A REPRESENTATIVE OF ONE OF THE NEWSWICK ENTITIES SHALL CREATE A REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY.
- WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE, OF ANY MEMBER OR OTHER USER OF THE SERVICE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL WE BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS, LIABILITY OR DAMAGE, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH OR PROPERY DAMAGE, RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF ANYONE'S USE OF THE SERVICE, ANY CONTENT POSTED VIA THE SERVICE OR TRANSMITTED TO MEMBERS OR OTHER USERS OR ANY INTERACTIONS BETWEEN OR AMONG MEMBERS OR OTHER USERS OF THE WEBSITE, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE.
- YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE RIGHT AND REMEDY IN CASE OF DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SERVICE, RELATED SERVICES, OR ANY OTHER GRIEVANCE SHALL BE YOUR TERMINATION AND DISCONTINUATION OF ACCESS TO, OR USE OF THE SERVICE.
- NOTWITHSTANDING THE PARAGRAPH IMMEDIATELY ABOVE THIS PARAGRAPH, THE NEWSWICK ENTITIES' MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR LOSSES OR DAMAGES THAT YOU SUFFER IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE OR THESE TERMS IS LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF (i) THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO THE NEWSWICK ENTITIES IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE IN THE 12 MONTHS PRIOR TO THE ACTION GIVING RISE TO LIABILITY, OR (ii) $100.
- THE NEWSWICK ENTITIES DISCLAIM LIABILITY FOR ANY (i) INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, RELIANCE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, (ii) LOSS OF PROFITS, (iii) BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, (iv) REPUTATIONAL HARM, OR (v) LOSS OF INFORMATION OR DATA.
Choice of Law and Venue
California law will govern these Terms, as well as any claim, cause of action or dispute that might arise between you and us (a "Claim"), without regard to conflict of law provisions. FOR ANY CLAIM BROUGHT BY EITHER PARTY, YOU AGREE TO SUBMIT AND CONSENT TO THE PERSONAL AND EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION IN, AND THE EXCLUSIVE VENUE OF, THE STATE AND FEDERAL COURTS LOCATED WITHIN SAN FRANCISCO COUNTY, CALIFORNIA.
- You may terminate the Terms at any time by closing your account, discontinuing your use of the Service, and providing us with a notice of termination here.
- We may close your account, suspend your ability to use certain portions of the Service, and/or ban you altogether from the Service for any or no reason, and without notice or liability of any kind. Any such action could prevent you from accessing your account, Content (including but not limited to Your Content), or any other related information hosted by the Service.
- In the event of any termination, whether by you or us, Sections I, V - XVI of these Terms will continue in full force and effect.
- We reserve the right to modify, update, or discontinue the Service at our sole discretion, at any time, for any or no reason, and without notice or liability.
- We may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to the Terms by email, regular mail or communications through the Service.
- Nothing herein is intended, nor will be deemed, to confer rights or remedies upon any third party.
- The Terms contain the entire agreement between you and us regarding the use of the Service, and supersede any prior agreement between you and us on such subject matter. The parties acknowledge that no reliance is placed on any representation made but not expressly contained in these Terms.
- Any failure on our part to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder.
- If any provision of the Terms is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that the Terms shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
- The Terms are not assignable, transferable or sublicensable by you except with our prior written consent, but may be assigned or transferred by us without restriction. Any assignment attempted to be made in violation of the Terms shall be void.
- The section titles in the Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
- You are solely responsible for your interaction with other users of the Service. We reserve the right, although we have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other people who use the Service, and to take any action that we feel may be appropriate in our sole discretion, consistent with these Terms.
Last Updated on January 23, 2013
Welcome to NewsWick™, an online platform for real, relevant news and announcements in your community. To provide you with the best possible service, NewsWick collects some information about you and the stories and announcements that you post, and NewsWick discloses some of that information to our other users. NewsWick will not send you spam or sell your email address to anyone.
Your User Profile
You do not need to login or create any sort of user profile if all you want to do is read the news and announcements on NewsWick. You will, however, need to create a user profile if you wish to post your own stories and announcements to NewsWick. NewsWick will retain the personal information in your user profile, and will make it available to other users. It is our hope that your user profile is as accurate and complete as possible, because the "more real" that you are, the more reliable your news posts and announcements become.
- Your user name;
- Your email address;
- Profile photos;
- Whether you want to forward your posts to other social networking sites;
- Your preferred "home" location.
* - Note that NewsWick may obtain the information for your user profile from the social networking sites that you use to login to NewsWick.
Other personal information submitted to NewsWick by our users:
NewsWick also retains other information about you specifically. This information includes:
- The news and announcements that you post on NewsWick (which might include photos and videos that you upload with your posts);
- Your location every time you submit a post to NewsWick;
- Your location when you browse for posts on NewsWick;
- When you login and out;
- How many posts you make, and when you make them.
Non-personal information that NewsWick collects
In addition to the news and announcements that you post to NewsWick, we also collect and store information from and about you that we obtain through your use of NewsWick. As an example of some of the information we might collect and retain from your use of NewsWick: (we might collect and retain the (i) type of client devices that you use to connect to NewsWick; (we might collect and retain (ii) the OS used on your client devices; (iii) your IP address; and (iv) your preferred language.
How NewsWick Uses the Information We Obtain
Your Personal Data
Except when you choose to use your email address as your username, NewsWick will divulge your email address only when you email a story to a third party. Except for purposes of confirming your user registration, NewsWick will use your email address only to send an official notification to our registered users. NewsWick will not sell your email address to a third party.
Your Usage InformationWe analyze and track the general usage behavior of both our registered and non-registered users. We use this information to personalize your experience, provide or change the functionality of NewsWick, and improve the quality of our service. We may also use this information to display relevant advertising to you.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Other users may be able to identify you, or associate you with your user account if you include personal information in your posts on the NewsWick service, or simply by the location of the posts that you make. You can reduce the risk of being personally identified by using the Site pseudonymously, though will likely detract from the credibility of your contributions to the NewsWick service.
We do not rent, share, sell or trade personally identifiable information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. That said, we work with third parties and they may have access to some of your information. What follows is an example of some of the ways third parties could have access to your personally identifiable information:
- Service Providers - We may outsource some of our technical and customer support, tracking and reporting functions, quality assurance testing, payment processing functions, and other services to third parties. We may share information from or about you with them so that they can perform their services.
- Aggregate Information - We may share user information in the aggregate with third parties, such as advertisers and content distributors. For example, we may disclose the number of users that have been exposed to, or clicked on a particular announcement, and we may share with our advertisers the number of users who browse for posts, regardless of whether those posts are aggregated by subject matter or geography.
- Investigations - We may investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure is (a) reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us; (b) helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the NewsWick service; or (c) protect our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users affiliates, or the public.
- Links - The NewsWick service may display links to unaffiliated third party websites. Except as set forth herein, we do not share your personal information with them, and are not responsible for their privacy practices. We suggest you read the privacy policies on all such third party websites.
- Facebook and Twitter - If you are logged into Facebook or Twitter, and you access but are not logged into the NewsWick service, we may receive information from those services to make it easier for you to create an account on the NewsWick service. This information personalizes your experience and helps you create a NewsWick account. You can also connect your NewsWick account to your accounts on third party services like Facebook and Twitter, in which case we may collect and store information identifying your account with the third party service. We use the information to help you connect and share public content with your friends and followers. You can manage these settings via the "Account Settings" > "Social Settings" tab on the NewsWick homepage.
Data Retention and Account Termination
NewsWick is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us here. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child's account.
Contact Us with Questions
NewsWick™ Content Policy
Last Updated on January 23, 2013
Welcome to NewsWick™, an online service that allows you to easily post and read news that is happening in your community (the “Service”). Please note and adhere to the community content and conduct policies outlined below (the “Policy”). A potential violation of this Policy may result in action including removing posts, and limiting or terminating a user’s access to the Service.
Changes to the Policy
NewsWick may modify the Policy from time to time. When changes are made, we will notify you by making the revised version available on this webpage, and will indicate at the top of this page the date that revisions were last made. You should revisit this Policy statement on a regular basis as revised versions will be binding on you. Any such modification will be effective upon our posting of a new Policy statement. You understand and agree that your continued access to or use of the Service after any posted modification to the Policy indicates your acceptance of the modification
Please make sure your posts are appropriate and relevant to the community
Please do not use the NewsWick Service for threats, harassment, violence, bullying, lewdness, hate speech, and any other displays of bigotry.
Identity and Privacy
Please use your real name on NewsWick—doing so creates an online culture of accountability trust and safety on the site. Do not use our service to impersonate another. Do not publish other people’s private information.
Do not use the NewsWick Service to engage in dangerous and illegal activities.
Regulated Goods and Services
Do not use the NewsWick Service for the promotion or sale of pharmaceuticals, alcohol, tobacco, fireworks, weapons, or health/medical devices or substances that mimic the effects of illegal or regulated drugs. Do not use the Service to distribute content that facilitates gambling, including online casinos, sports betting, or lotteries. Do not use the Service to promote escort services or other regulated services.
Do not use NewsWick for phishing or scams, to transmit viruses, malware, or any other malicious or destructive code. Do not distribute content that harms or interferes with the operation of the NewsWick Services or others legally operated services.
Be aware when you share. Please respect copyrights, trademarks and other legal rights.
If you see content or conduct that might violate NewsWick policies please contact us